Senior Network Security Engineer
A Senior Network Security Engineer is responsible for provisioning, deployment, and configuration of network and security-related hardware and software. This role gives you exposure to several network security threats and their workarounds.
- Experience in a Cisco environment to include in-depth background in Routing and Switching.
- Expert or Advanced level of experience with Palo Alto firewalls. Ability to function as the Palo Alto SME.
- Hands on implementation and troubleshooting experience configuring Palo Alto Firewalls , Palo Alto Panorama.
- Hands-on experience with and knowledge of IT security architecture and design firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, virus protection technologies, and LAN/WAN design.
- Expertise in threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
- Expertise in host and network log sources to apply to investigation, IR methodology in investigations, and the groups behind targeted attacks and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (Python, Powershell) used to administer and manage the network via APIs are preferred.
- Experience with ACI,DNA,ISE,SD-WAN.
- Experience with CheckPoint firewalls is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco Meraki is preferred.
- Performs day to day configuration and operation of security products in production and test networks from firewalls to end point security applications.
- Identify advanced security systems and controls to ensure the monitoring and configuring of security appliances.
- Support incident handling and response, triage of events, network analysis and threat detection, trend analysis, metric development, vulnerability information dissemination.
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of security incidents.
- Plan, engineer, and monitor the firewall arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Maintain and support LAN/WAN/VOIP network hardware, software, and applications
- Research and recommend measures to reduce risks associated with new viruses.
- Report performance against established security metrics by monitoring, measuring, testing, and reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of information security controls.
- Work with software manufacturers to ensure the implementation of best practices.
- Regularly create and maintain high quality documentation for changes and procedures.
September 11, 2020