Senior Network Engineer
A Network Engineer serves as the junior member of the networking organization that is responsible for network and telecom support, network security, deployment and operations. This position has responsibility for all network and telecom services, implementation and operation of a global standards to provide these services to the business community.
- Extensive experience in networking and network security with Cisco platforms.
- Professional certification such as the CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, with an emphasis on switching, data centers and/or security.
- Experience with SDN and SDWAN highly desired.
- Experience with Unified Communication as a service is an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the cisco ACI and SDWAN technology is an advatage.
- Primarily responsible to develop, design, implement, and maintain network / telephony infrastructure and security to support all identified business needs, including VOIP telephony systems.
- Own solution design in support of project delivery, technology roadmap execution and third-level support to Network Operations, including problem resolution.
- Responsible for schedule, budget and quality of networking solutions.
- Makes recommendations regarding operational improvements.
- Maintain and support LAN/WAN/VOIP architecture and network hardware, software, and applications.
- Provide ongoing review of capacity requirements in order to align with budget planning.
- Define and coordinate standards, project management, and technology research.
- Ensure up-to-date system and network documentation and inventories.
- Work in concert with software and hardware vendors for problem resolution.
- Coordinate and communicate closely with Senior Management and Service Delivery teams during all outages.
- Define the product services roadmap and ensure vendor adherence to the highest operational standards by supervising performance management procedures.
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by maintaining current knowledge of products, services, and market dynamics.
- Utilize monitoring, mapping, and alerting software to proactively collect data and conduct real-time analysis of the performance of the network and telecom systems and mitigating business-impacting events.
- Document for all operational / support processes for the systems supported by the network and telecom team; and automate repetitive processes wherever appropriate.
- Remain current with new technologies and techniques in the industry.