As a Proposal Manager, you will be responsible to develop and provide customer-ready high-quality, relevant, and professional bid and proposal documents such as budgetory estimates, proposals, RFP responses, sales presentations, or Statements of Work (SOW). Each proposal can be considered as a small project with multiple moving parts and numerous stakeholders throughout the organization. A proposal manager may handle 2-6 projects at a time, depending on the size and complexity. This process can take multiple forms and may include one or more cycles of customer requests for proposals, offers, and negotiations before a final contract is signed.
- A BA/BS degree is a must.
- Experience in proposal development and technical communications is a must.
- Effective verbal and written communications is a must.
- Hands-on experience with Advanced Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word is a must.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize proposals and projects to meet deadlines is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast-pased environment and meet tight deadlines is a must.
- Ability to transform requirement data into proposal is a must.
- Ability to work with and manage remote teams is a must.
- Ability to travel as needed, both domestically and internationally is expected.
- Aptitude for understanding technical information to support sales teams selling Microsoft products including Dynamics 365, SaaS, Azure, and Modern Workplace (Cloud) and services including Windows upgrades, Sharepoint platform implementation, etc., is expected.
- Domain expertise in SaaS or Professional Services for Support, Consulting, Sales, and Operations is desirable.
- Responsible to provide bid and proposal support to business development, sales, and proposal professionals teams.
- Responsible to provide subject matter expertise to organize and run competitive requests for proposal pursuits effectively.
- Responsible to develop high-quality customer-ready proposals.
- Responsible to maintain records and logs for monthly workloads.
- Responsible to simplify and provide consistent content for bids and proposals to increase win rates.
- Responsible to provide support to sales and delivery teams to develop customer-ready SOWs and presentations.
- Responsible to lead the proposal process from post-service request through submittal.
- Responsible to write, edit, proofread, design, and format assigned commercial and public-sector customer-facing deliverabless, including executive summaries, win themes, capability statements, orals, demos, pre-sales presentations, SOWs, graphics, and special projects such as marketing collateral and content.
- Responsible to manage proposal teams of sales executives, proposal and content writers, and other staff to develop and deliver high-quality, fully-compliant responses to RFPs, RFQs, IDIQs, and task orders.
- Responsible to set up and manage collaboration sites on SharePoint and Teams.
- Responsible to facilitate team status calls.
- Responsible to create and manage schedules, author assignments matrices, and response outlines and templates.
- Responsible to work with sales managers to produce final customer deliverables (both electronic and hard copy).
- Responsible to contribute to and maintain databases, knowledge base, archive of reusable proposals, references, and other pre-approved customer-facing content.
- Responsible to prepare and submit weekly reports on deals.